Zaka U. Khan, M.D.Healthcare Professional
Zaka U. Khan, M.D.
(M.B.B.S) King Edward Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan
Internship and Residency:
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY – Internal Medicine – Residency training in internal medicine
- University of Missouri – Kansas City – Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine – Completed the second and third year pulmonary and critical care medicine fellowship.
- University of Louisville, Louisville, KY – Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine – Completed the first year of pulmonary and
critical care medicine fellowship.
- Board Certified American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) 2000. Recertification 2010.
- Board Certified American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Certification 2006
- Board Certified American Board of Sleep Medicine 2006
- Board Certified American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Certification 2007
- Board Certified American Board of Internal Medicine – Sleep Medicine Certification 2007
- Board Certified American Board of Hospice and Palliative Care 2005.
Jewish Hospital, Kindred Hospital Louisville, Kindred Hospital at Jewish Hospital ICU Medical Director at Jewish Hospital & Medical Director at Kindred Hospital Louisville.
Kentucky Chapter Representative to the American Thoracic Society; Kentucky State political liaison for the American College of Chest Physicians; member of the Clinical Practice Committee of the American Thoracic Society.
Interventional Pulmonary: Bronchoscopy including Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS), Laser, Cautery, Endobronchial Stents.
Pleural Diseases: Management of pleural effusions. Pleural procedures including image guided thoracentesis, Placement of indwelling pleural catheters (Pleurex catheters)
Management of complex airway disorders. Including tracheal stenosis
Sleep apnea and insomnia with management of childhood sleep disorders.
General Pulmonary and Critical Care management